The fishing cutter Gebrüder AZ:5 was built in 1929 in Oldersum for ca. 13,000 gold marks. The 15 metre (50 foot) sailing boat with auxiliary engine is the last fishing vessel of its kind on the East Frisian coast. Its first owner, Georg Peters named the cutter in honour of his five sons, Gebrüder meaning 'male siblings'. AZ:5 is the old ID number used to identify high seas fishing vessels. 'A' stood for the municipality of Aurich and 'Z' for the home port of Neuharlingersiel.
Carolinensiel has been the home port of the Gebrüder since she was taken out of service in 1993. The historic vessel was restored and can today be booked for day trips into the Wadden Sea. The old wheelhouse of the Gebrüder is today part of the permanent museum exhibit.